Saturday, March 22, 2008

A change of heart

This pencil killed itself when it discovered that I wanted to use it to write something.
I am not a good writer. In fact I`m probably an awful one.
I`m well aware of this and so I decided that in order to get a decent mark I`d have to hide that fact with some sort of clever idea.

However!

After thinking about what Paul said, I`ve had a change of heart. I don`t recall his exact words, but he mentioned something about using this chance to improve my writing skills into writing 5k!11z. 133+ h4X0r ones if possible. So, my plan is to take the bull by the horns and get something very simple and try to write something that's actually readable.


Here is my simple idea (in working)


Zombies are on this ship. Arg.
Anyone see Return of the Living Dead? Awesome zombie movie. If you haven`t seen it, then see it now! Lots of cheesy 80`s zombie action with a good soundtrack and humour (without being "comic relief").

Can I just make it clear that the sequels are crap, so this hasn`t got much to do with those.

Anyway, in the Return of the Living Dead (ROTLD) universe, zombies are made by exposing living things to a chemical named trioxin. In my story, a barrel of trioxin somehow (haven`t worked out how yet, but I`ll try and make it believable) manages to get onto a luxury cruise ship, and mayhem ensues.

In the end everyone dies*, and the trioxin leeks into the ocean (presumably the rest of the world is infected). *In the ROTLD stories, everyone always dies and the world is taken over by zombies. Perhaps the later movies are different, but they are so different most fans don`t consider them canon.

Now I have a start and a finish, I`ll need to put something in between! Comments please on what I have so far.

2 comments:

Ashleigh L said...

ok well your idea sounds interesting. I have never watched this film or series so will be interested to read what you write. Only thing I could suggest is that make sure the middle of your fanfiction is interesting, so you grab the readers attention to read the end etc, and also a different ending to what the film or series etc has because this is your fan-fiction so you can do anything with it. Maybe there is like one person that ends up living??Just some ideas, but remember its yours so make it different and better than what has already been created.

R-Dog said...

Even if you think that you're not a great writer, there will always be an audience out there willing to read your material. Just look at the movies that Uwe Boll has created. He's butchered great video games like Bloodrayne, House of the Dead, etc... and yet people still pay him to make more terrible movies.
From my experience, the best thing to do is write what you know how to write. If you can write about Living Dead, do so. I know I can't write about zombies, so I wouldn't try. My attempts would be laughable compared to yours.